In fact, in all of Our Lady’s weekly, monthly and special messages made public by the visionaries, rarely does she use the word “sad” or “sadness”. The few occasions she has done so (and I can only find six) are used mainly in the context of urging her children not to be sad or in sadness.
Compare this with all the occasions Our Lady uses the word “joy” or “joyful” in her messages (over 100 times) and it is very obvious where she desires our hearts to focus. The Good News.
• My dear child, today is our last meeting, but do not be sad because I will come to you on every anniversary except this one… May 7, 1985 (to Ivanka)
• I ask you to accept and live the messages with seriousness, so that your soul will not be sad when I will no longer be with you… December 25, 1989
• Today also I invite you to prayer, a prayer of joy so that in these sad days no one amongst you may feel sadness in prayer… July 25, 1992
• Do not be sad, because as a mother, I will always be with you and like every true mother, I will never leave you… last daily apparition to Jakov, September 12, 1998
• Dear children! Today I am happy, even if in my heart there is still a little sadness for all those who have started on this path and then have left it… June 25, 1992
• I do not desire for your life to be in sadness but that it be realized in joy for eternity, according to the Gospel… December 25, 1996
Early in the history of the Medjugorje apparitions, Our Lady gave a clear warning to the parish that satan was active in attempting to take away the joy of God’s sweetness.
• Dear children! These days you have experienced God’s sweetness through the renewals which have been in this parish. Satan wants to work still more fiercely to take away your joy from each one of you. By prayer you can completely disarm him and ensure your happiness. Thank you for having responded to my call. January 24, 1985
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God and trust in me. John 14 : 1