I’m at that age where I find making any sort of decisions in my life very challenging. I would prefer not to. Sometimes life can seem like one big effort… decisions… decisions… Recently I began to wonder what Our Lady may have to say in her messages about deciding and making decisions in life.
I was not surprised to discover that she constantly invites her children to make decisions, so as to allow God into our life. She makes it very clear that conversion is not just one big decision at the outset, but a daily practise of making decisions to ensure our continuing surrender to a life of holiness.
Most of the time we make daily decisions on other fronts without being really aware because they have become second nature to us. Perhaps this is what Our Lady would like from us when it comes to deciding about our relationship with God. Daily practise can bring perfection.
The following message is a summary of the many calls Our Lady makes in asking us to decide.
Dear children! Today I invite you to decide every day for God. Little children, you speak much about God, but you witness little with your life. Therefore, little children, decide for conversion, that your life may be true before God, so that in the truth of your life you witness the beauty God gave you. Little children, I invite you again to decide for prayer because through prayer, you will be able to live the conversion. Each one of you shall become in the simplicity, similar to a child which is open to the love of the Father. Thank you for having responded to my call. July 25, 1996
Here are just a few examples taken from the messages of Our Lady, asking us to decide:
• I call you to decide completely for God.
• Today I am calling on you to decide whether or not you wish to live the messages which I am giving you.
• Decide for love so that love prevails in all of you, but not human love, rather God’s love.
• Decide again today for God.
• Today I want to call all of you to decide for Paradise.
• Dear children, decide and believe that God is offering Himself to you in His fullness.
• Today also I call each one of you to decide to surrender again everything completely to me.
• Decide seriously for God because everything else passes away.
• From today, decide to consecrate a time in the day only for an encounter with God in silence.
• I invite you to decide with seriousness to live this novena.
• I invite you all to decide for God, so that from day to day you will discover His will in prayer.
• Today, I invite you to decide for God, because distance from God is the fruit of the lack of peace in your hearts.
• Decide to give more time to God who gave you these days of grace.
• I call you to begin to change your life from the beginning and that you decide for conversion not with words but with your life.
• These days are the days when you need to decide for God, for peace and for the good.
• I invite you to decide to pray for my intentions.
• Little children, decide for prayer.
• Now I invite you in a special way, little children, to decide to go along the way of holiness.
• I bless you and I call you all to decide to live my messages which I give you here.
• I am blessing each of you and each good decision of yours.
• Today I invite you to decide to give time patiently for prayer.
• Little children, I invite you all, to decide again today for conversion.
• Today I invite you to decide for peace.
• Decide, my children, it is the time of decision.
• Little children, decide for God who is freedom and love.
• I invite you to decide for life which blossomed through the Resurrection.
• Dear children, decide for holiness
• Decide, as in the first days of my coming here, for a complete change of your life.